Fondazione Ecosistemi is the Italian contact for the Procura+, an international network for the promotion of sustainable public procurement, initiated and coordinated by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability.
Since 2004, Procura+ has been supporting public authorities in implementing sustainable procurement and promoting its results. The network is managed by ICLEI’s European Secretariat, which has 20 years of experience on sustainable public procurement and is promoted by the various national contact points. The national contact point for Italy is Fondazione Ecosistemi, which since 2008 has been accompanying and supporting the PA’s transition to adopting sustainable and circular procurement practices and tools.
Currently, 48 European public authorities have already joined and actively participate in the Procura+ network, which is an important meeting and exchange point for them on innovative and sustainable public procurement.
Opportunities for collaboration and sharing of best practices through Procura+ include:
- participation in European pilot projects geared toward the concrete implementation of innovative practices
- participation in focus groups, in which specific sustainable procurement issues and challenges are addressed
- a twinning service and City Match scheme that provides opportunities for direct exchange of knowledge and experience, and participation in peer review activities and study visits with other network participants
- the profiling of best practices and achievements through the website, newsletter, annual report, case studies and awards promoted by Procura+
- the opportunity to participate in networking events, webinars and conferences
Membership requires sending this application form to:
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
Fax: +49 761 368 9219
Tel: +49 761 368 920
For further information: Sabina Nicolella