The Buygreen Community is the first network of the Italian publicly-owned companies joined by the goal of promoting the Green Public Procurement in the procurement systems
The Green procurement in the purchasing policies of the publicly-owned companies can be the lever for the transition to a circular and sustainable economy. A practice that is not yet consolidated in Italy, although the Green Public Procurement – the adoption of the Minimum Environmental Criteria in the public procurement – is mandatory for supplies, services and works of any amount by the article 34 of the Italian Public Contract Code.
The Buygreen Community was created to guide the market towards the sustainability through the large public enterprise as a key player in this process. The network is an initiative of Fondazione Ecosistemi in partnership with Confindustria and offers its members an activity annual program consisting of meetings, workshops, lectio magistralis and moments of communication.
The Buygreen Community aims to promote the pursuit of several goals among the large Italian companies:
– highlighting the promotion of sustainable and circular purchasing processes in their policies
– Improving the training and the skills of the management and the purchasing managers
– promoting the adoption of the environmental and social criteria in the direct and indirect purchasing
– planning a supplier qualification and sustainability rating system
– defining, monitoring and communicating the sustainability indicators related to the sustainable procurement processes
Each year, the Buygreen Community publishes a Sustainability Monitor Report – the Large Italian Companies sustainability data – in order to analyzes and deepen the topics and the variations of the Green and Social Procurement of greatest interest to the network.